[OM] (OM) Filters binding on the front of a lens

Subject: [OM] (OM) Filters binding on the front of a lens
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:35:37 +1300
Hi all,

Today I got caught out unexpectedly.

A Hoya Circ-Pol filter got stuck on the end of my Zuiko 100/2 lens. I had not
screwed it on hard.  And after a lot of trying suddenly I found the 'sweet
spot'
and it came off as easy as pie.

Seems to me it is not perfectly round and there is some metal-to-metal
binding.

So I thought to myself: "lubrication is what's needed here - not Epoxy, or one
of those little grinders that Walt liked".

And as I reached for the 3-in1-oil I thought - hang on a minute there; not so
fast - won't even the smallest amount migrate to where it should not be?

Maybe a smidgen of candle-wax?

What say you all?

Brian Swale.