Re: [OM] (OM) Filters binding on the front of a lens

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Filters binding on the front of a lens
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:54:45 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/2010 11:36:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

A Hoya  Circ-Pol filter got stuck on the end of my Zuiko 100/2 lens. I had
not
screwed it on hard.  And after a lot of trying suddenly I found the  'sweet
spot'
and it came off as easy as pie.

Seems to me it is not  perfectly round and there is some metal-to-metal
binding.

So I  thought to myself: "lubrication is what's needed here - not Epoxy, or
one
of those little grinders that Walt liked".

Hmm, 100mm f2.  I think I might find another filter.  Bill  Barber