[OM] Images - One day in SW Maine

Subject: [OM] Images - One day in SW Maine
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:27:30 -0700
  [Well, I got a bit wordy. you can skip the story and go straight to the pics.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2010/Southern_Maine/One_Day>

After a lovely visit with Mike & Marnie, we headed NW into Maine for our last
three free days in New England.

Monday - weather guessers are right,  cloudy and definitely damp.
Tuesday - The same except warmer and a bit muggy.

Well that was OK. We'd been out a long time and a couple of slow days was not
bad. We found things to do during the day
and visited our hostess at night and another friend during the day. Still,
total image count for two days, 36, only a
handful worth the effort.

Wednesday's forecast, more of the same. Separately, both of us were doing
something those so inclined would call
praying, others might call wishful thinking. We were doing something along the
lines of "If it's no too much trouble,
and doesn't interfere with other, bigger plans, it would be nice and we would
really appreciate it if tomorrow were nice."

Whether we had any impact or not, the weather guessers were wrong. Wednesday
dawned clear and was beautiful all day. We
took what is for us full advantage. We didn't arise particularly early, and
took time for a nice breakfast. But then we
went wandering, on foot and by car, keeping our intuition open, following our
noses right until dark. We said thanks a lot!

It turned into a magic day. It seemed wherever we went, we found great beauty
to enjoy and for me to try to capture in
images. I don't think any of the places we went are on anybody's list of scenic
Maine places, but all were wonderful.
Image count, just under 200, with at least several that seem like real winners
to me.

I've put a selection of them in series of gallery folders, starting here.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2010/Southern_Maine/One_Day>
If you want to see more than one gallery, just click"Previous" or "Next" in the
upper right corner to go on to the
gallery before or after the one you are in.

I have my usual frustration with trying to get foliage to look good in web size
images. Images that look just great
large on the desktop screen either turn to mush or get too edgy smaller. Feh!

Thursday? Off and on rain, a bit muggy. But it held off each time we needed it,
as we dropped off a box of excess books
at the post office, went in and out of the Art Museum in Portland and dropped
our car at Logan. Just fine.

Happy to travel, Happy to be home Moose