Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Broad-band and associated issues

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Broad-band and associated issues
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 11:44:37 +1000 (EST)
Having worked at an ISP for a few years on the past, Filters are
normally provided here in Australia with the ADSL Modem simply
because they came with the ADSL Modem.

Many modern phones also have built in filters but personally I
prefer to use a Central Filter. So I gave my spare filters away
to friends that needed them after phone calls asking for help :o)

And re Brians callout charges, the tech phone support person
doesnt sound like they asked the right questions. Missing line filters
are one of the first things you find out about in an ADSL support call.

Cheers
Ian Manners
The Borg assimilated my planet and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.