Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Broad-band and associated issues

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT Broad-band and associated issues
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:20:18 -0700
Happy birthday Brian, I wish you many more happy ones.

Maybe I'm making a bad assumption but it sounds like only your partner's son
is using the ADSL. A cheap switch or router would let you both use it.
Unless one of you is trying to download huge files from a high speed source,
you'll never know the other one is using it at the same time. ... um just
remembered something, when that person in the other room is playing some of
the online games, it can get slow.

A typical/common switch:
<http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-EZXS55W-EtherFast-5-Port-Workgroup/dp/B
00003006E/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285888280&sr=8-1>

A typical/common router:
<http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-WRT54G2-Wireless-G-Broadband-Router/dp/
B0014J07R2/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285888519&sr=8-1>

Again best wishes,
Jeff Keller