Re: [OM] why can't Oly do this:

Subject: Re: [OM] why can't Oly do this:
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:30:14 +0200
Very interesting. I suspect the market for a non-interchangeable lens
camera is less these days
than what it once was (not that I know why, I love my Minox 35) but
that's just a gut feeling.
It's also interesting (and unfortunate) that they chose to make the
viewfinder a non-focusing
viewfinder. A rangefinder in this thing would have made me instantly
buy one, for this would
probably be better in most ways than a Leica M8 then :-)

The more I look at this Fuji, the more I wish this is what Olympus did
for their first Micro
Four Thirds body - solid, all-metal design, real manual controls,
built-in viewfinder, and
something that looks like it can take a knock or two (regardless of
whether it really can).

It pains me that Olympus is one-upped by - of all companies - Fuji, in
terms of building a camera
that immediately appears desirable in all the right ways to a
traditional photographer.

We're in for really interesting times, if cameras like these are
starting to come out.
I can't wait to see how Canon/Nikon responds to this re-discovered
market segment: The small,
enthusiast camera.

Dawid