Re: [OM] My work today

Subject: Re: [OM] My work today
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:19:13 +0100
Thanks, Jim.

Yes, it is the right-hand seat.  The Grob 115E has a throttle pedestal in the
centre, between the instructor and student.  The instructor flies from the
left, using their right hand for the engine controls, the student from the
right using their left hand, in the normal way.

Most training aircraft with side-by-side seating, in this country, have the
pilot flying from the left-hand seat with the instructor on the right, but that
would mean that the student would have to fly with their left hand on the
control column in the Grob, hence the difference.

I hope that that makes some sense . . . ;-)

Chris