Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:53:37 -0700
  Well put Jan! I actually think that Olympus is "doing quite well,
thank you" in their market. Like any smart small player they have
decided not to go head to head with the 800 lb gorilla(s). Instead they
are going their own way. In my mind the E-5 is a camera designed to
appeal  to those who are attracted to the 4/3 system. Why try to make it
attractive to folks who would never buy it any way? I think the specs
are actually very good, the problem is that they don't appeal to the
'more is better' crowd. Olympus also does not sell well to the crowd
that needs to see their camera brand as 'the one the pros use'. It's an
ego thing for some folks I think.

Jim Couch