Re: [OM] Naked Gun E-5 and FourThirds - The Final Insult

Subject: Re: [OM] Naked Gun E-5 and FourThirds - The Final Insult
From: David Irisarri <zuiko3000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:19:49 -0400
I must say I am also disappointed with E-5 sensor. Poor dynamic range (just
only 1/2 stop wider compared to E-30)
http://www.myfourthirds.com/document.php?id=59147 "Olympus line up but it
also enhances image quality by another 1/2 stop versus the E-30" simply
unacceptable. Olympus demo images are full of noise! even at ISO 200. What
the hell is that!!!

http://olympus-imaging.jp/product/dslr/e5/sample/images/index_image01_l.jpg

http://olympus-imaging.jp/product/dslr/e5/sample/images/index_image02_l.jpg

Lack of a new color engine.
Lack of multispot metering.
Poor dynamic range.
Tons of noise.

Have a look to ISO comparation!!!
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=36318354

Disgusting video capabilities. GH1 blows away E-5 in video quality!!!
12 MP ??? Why not using a 5 MP sensor? Come on!!!
Lack of chromatic aberration correction in TruePIC V+.
Where are the new gadgets? What is the main difference in picture quality of
E-PL1 vs E-5?

I have the strange feeling that a new PEN camera will be revealed in
Photokina and will outperform E-5 in picture quality.

I think they should have abandon fourthirds with a much better camera like
the did with OM system with the OM4-Ti.

No new lenses.

Body price: $1700. !!! WOW!!! It´s really cheap.

Dave