Re: [OM] Naked Gun E-5 and FourThirds - The Final Insult

Subject: Re: [OM] Naked Gun E-5 and FourThirds - The Final Insult
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:30:22 -0500
>>> I actually like this approach.  It is surprisingly conservative, but
>>> it offers a quality improvement potentially with every important
>>> feature of the E-3 that I care about -- or so I hope (and it remains
>>> to be seen).  Would be nice if some of that "tuning" could be sent
>>> backwards in the form of a firmware update.

I'm reminded of one of the last acts of kindness the Konica-Minolta
engineers did for us A1/A2 users. They released a firmware update that
not only fixed a couple of minor problems, but they gave the file
write function an enema. What was a file write time which straddled
that fine line between tormenting and forever (almost as slow as the
E-1), the processing pipeline got streamlined and even today, with the
newer, faster CF cards, the camera positively screams.

Olympus? They threw out the E-1 SDK years ago--forever cementing their
lies about firmware updates.

AG