Re: [OM] Feeding the rumor mill

Subject: Re: [OM] Feeding the rumor mill
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 08:33:06 -0500
> I've not personally used the 5D for anything larger than a couple of
> 16x24s.  Both were landscape type images with lots of detail and came
> out fine.  I have also seen several 30x40 images from a friend's 5D.
> They also looked fine but were family portraits where detail was not so
> important.  A 30x40 detailed landscape image might be fine as well since
> we don't stand so close to large images.  But I've not tried it since I
> have no place to hang such a large print.

This is too funny. Prior to the 5Dmk2, people raved about how the 5D
was able to produce prints of any size... It was the best out there.
Now the 5D is only capable of 8x10 and 11x14 prints if you really
stretch it.

If you can't get a decent 30x40 landscape print out of a 5D, it's not
the imager, it's either your lenses or your technique.

But what do I know?  My E-1 and A1 won't do prints larger than a wallet print.

AG