Re: [OM] Feeding the rumor mill

Subject: Re: [OM] Feeding the rumor mill
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:41:24 -0500
> I forgot to add that they also need the chap who wrote the A1 user's
> manual.  Of course, his job was made much simpler by the interface guy
> who made the whole thing logical.
>
> Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>> Now when they make their OM compatible, full frame autofocus mount they
>> also need to remember that they need to hire the Minolta guy who did the
>> interface on the A1.

Obviously, none of the above has an ice-cube's chance of happening.
The Minolta UI author is probably retired. The Technical Writer for
for the A1 actually knew something about photography, and the OM
compatible mount?  The culture war inside of Olympus probably killed
off any possibility of that ever happening. Anybody who knew anything
about that mount is long since retired or totally beat into
submission.

No. It's a sad day, indeed, when Canon has better OM lens support than
Olympus does. Canon is being a better Olympus than Olympus is Olympus.
I honestly don't understand why. For being mortal enemies with Canon,
Olympus does everything possible to drive customers to Canon.

I'll use myself as Exhibit A. Here I am, a lifelong Olympus fan. I
doubt there are many bigger cheerleaders for Olympus than me. Not to
place myself up on a pedestal, but if Olympus loses me to Canon,
they'll probably lose hundreds, perhaps thousands of users. It's not
that people follow me, but maybe I'm the bellwether--the specific type
of photographer they've counted on.

AG