Re: [OM] Planned Obsolescence

Subject: Re: [OM] Planned Obsolescence
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:13:58 -0700
> From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> What I would like is an good dedicated 120/135 scanner for about $1000.
> Coolscan 9000 EDs sell used for $2000, which makes me think there is still
> some demand.
>
> Am I unhappy?  Not really, just cheap, apparently.  :)

I have an Optronics ColorGetter Falcon you can have for $500 plus shipping. :-)

There's one catch: it comes with a parts machine, and you have to pay shipping
for that, too. :-)

It will do 5,400 samples per inch over a 10"x12" area, although I think the
maximum file size it will write is 2GB, limiting it to about 667 megapixels. A
4"x5" frame yields just short of 200 megapixels at full resolution.