Re: [OM] color correction

Subject: Re: [OM] color correction
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 07:24:55 -0400
My memory was pretty faulty. I went back and reviewed Fraser's book on
color management and see that Adobe RGB was not designed as an editing
space but as an output space for CMYK printing where the editing was
carried out using an sRGB monitor.  It was created in 1998 at a time
when ink jet printers weren't capable of replicating the output of a
CMYK printing press.  However, that's no longer true and I think
high-end inkjets have probably moved beyond the CMYK printing press.

Anyhow, I started to review chapter 12 (Adobe Common Color Architecture)
and it quickly became apparent that I don't fully understand PhotoShop's
explicit support for and differentiation between input, editing (aka
working) and output spaces.

Back to the books.

Chuck Norcutt