[OM] Random acts of kindness

Subject: [OM] Random acts of kindness
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:15:37 EDT
Perhaps it is the nature of being a human being to see the negative.

I find it much more interesting to remember the times when I knew or
suspected that some act of kindness made a difference.  That it made a
difference to me, in my life, is an absolute.

The act of kindness has often been something that had no monetary  value
and yet was priceless.  Connect with another who is doing a thankless  job in
a way that has them be special and see how it changes the moment for them  .
. . and for you.  Lift someone's spirit and help to put a smile on their
face and see what a difference it makes for each of you. Try doing that
everyday  for a week, a month, a year . . .

Forgive those who you feel have slighted you by not acknowledging your
gifts.

Forgive yourself for holding the resentments about the perceived  slights.

My experience of life is that I've been amazed by the kindness and
generosity of others.

In my wildest dreams, I could never have imagined the kindness and
generosity others have shown me.

That, I find most interesting.

Bill Barber