Re: [OM] color correction

Subject: Re: [OM] color correction
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:52:37 -0400
Amen. Epson's new -900 series printers with HR (?) ink sets actually
print colors no monitor can reveal. It's scary. <g>

I use ProPhoto rather than Adobe or sRGB. Bigger bucket for all those
colors. My Epson 3880 isn't up to the -900s yet, but it's awfully
close. If I were only doing web work and getting labs to make my
prints, I'd shoot sRGB, but you have to wonder how much longer the
labs are going to hold to sRGB in the face of new printers and ink
sets. I think right now you can tell the difference between sRGB and
ProPhoto, if print controls are tight, but I've already made my pick
so I'm not going to spend time running tests when that time could be
better spent napping. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com