Re: [OM] color correction

Subject: Re: [OM] color correction
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 00:10:43 -0400
Depends on how much you can spend. The best solution is a specialized
graphics monitor that self-calibrates, like mine. Costs $2000. Mine was
bought when I was living in Santa Fe and making a good income. I couldn't
afford that today :( Thankfully it still works well nearly 4 yrs later.

If spending a couple thousand is out of the question (if you're an amateur
its understandable if its too much, but if you're a pro I'd say its
non-negotiable), then buy a calibrator like the Eye-One Display 2, which is
probably the best one available now, its about $200. Worth every penny.
Calibrates regular screens that don't have it built in.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography