Re: [OM] Visited Macau

Subject: Re: [OM] Visited Macau
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 21:09:38 -0700
Moose, I should have acknowledged that you could/would do more to make it a
better picture. I was referring to the expected affects of using a simple
gradient filter (top to bottom) to accomplish what your "simple" correction
gave.

If there were a radial component to the darkening the top center would be
lighter than either top corner. This is what the Photoshop indicated when I
used the eyedropper to sample the image.

Either a center filter or no filter would probably give the best result,
IMO.

If I apply a simple radial gradient as a correction to the image, the sky
seems to monotonically darken slightly from left to right (no bright spot in
the center).The sun is to the left so this seems appropriate.
http://www.reflective-moment.com/XL72F56_065-v.jpg

To me this looks pretty realistic other than an overly saturated sky. So we
used different radial corrections and/or have different preferences ?

Jeff