Re: [OM] What's sharp? [was Images: Stormy Weather]

Subject: Re: [OM] What's sharp? [was Images: Stormy Weather]
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 13:58:31 -0500
On 8/14/10, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I was going to ask why you don't simply shoot in manual mode but I
>> decided to check the E-410 manual and see that it doesn't have two
>> separate control dials.
>

> The cameras with common dial forces you to switch modes between
> shutter-speed and aperture. Not impossible, but highly irritating to
> me. Having lived with the L1 for the past few months, I'll say that
> dedicated controls with visible settings are light-years beyond our
> current situation of modal cameras. There is plenty to not like about
> the L1, but this is by far the one feature which makes the camera
> worth the bother.
>
> Single-dial cameras I just don't get.

There's that too.  I would have to review how to do manual mode with the 410!

As I said before, lots of ways to skin the cat.

I do use manual mode, especially if I'm using Zs on Es, but I like
aperture priority mode the best.  When I'm shooting handheld, which is
almost always the case with the 410, moving and locking in shutter
speed is faster than manual mode if I don't like what the camera
wants.  I do that with the E3 too on which there are dials a plenty.

Joel W.