Re: [OM] [OT] - Advice wanted about 5D2

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] - Advice wanted about 5D2
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:57:24 -0700
Shift? ... The exposure readings on the 5D2 are way off with shift lenses.
The max available, -EV2, won't even compensate enough. I have to put the
camera in manual mode for wide shifts. I think the maximum compensation I
needed with my OM was about 2 EV. Light coming in the eyepiece might be a
problem but shutting the eyepiece doesn't solve the problem with shift
lenses. Probably focus, lock exposure, then shift would work with the 5D2.
With it on a tripod 99% of the time, I just set it to manual then compensate
after a test exposure taken at -2EV.

I've seen a few comments that the Canon 70-200/2.8ii is a noticeable
improvement. But with a ticket price of $2300 I don't think it will be
sitting on my shelf very soon.

10x live view works very well with Zuiko lenses. If you want quick, high
quality, very wide angle shots, Nikon may be the way to go. If your ultra
wide shots don't have to be rapid fire, the weight savings with the Zuikos
can be significant compared to Canon lenses.

Jeff