Re: [OM] (OM) Once more two generations of aeroplanes ...

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Once more two generations of aeroplanes ...
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 23:05:27 +1000
On Sunday, August 1, 2010, Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With no sign of a tailplane, they can't be A-4 - they look like Mirages to
> me.

Mirages were Australia's fighter force for quite a few years. After
them it was the F18 Hornets. I never saw the Mirages much, as we were
never based at one of their hangouts, though grandparents lived
nearby, and we visited. One of dad's best memories was two flights in
a Hornet, later in his career, which was pretty flash for a "blunty"
(office worker). I liked the Hornets, but of all the aircraft I loved
the F111s most (then the Canberra Bomber, then the Chinooks).

Which is to say, if you say they look like Mirages, well seeing as
they were Australian fighters, that's probably what they were. :)

Cheers,
Marc