Re: [OM] photo from Michael Wong in Hong Kong

Subject: Re: [OM] photo from Michael Wong in Hong Kong
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:13:33 +0100
There's a lesson in that, Ken.  Don't fly little sky-mopeds in the heat or at
height; they're underpowered enough at sea level.

The first time I flew a little light single (Grob 115E) in mountains (OK, Welsh
hills) my student started the climb for a rising valley too late and I
realised, eventually, that we were at climb speed going up a slope at 300ft
agl, with nowhere to turn.  I suppose I could have landed on the slope, but it
was covered in boulders and vegetation ...

I'm quite a bit more careful now.

Chris