Re: [OM] photo from Michael Wong in Hong Kong

Subject: Re: [OM] photo from Michael Wong in Hong Kong
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:19:24 -0700
  On 7/15/2010 3:52 PM, John Hudson wrote:
> That AA flight is well above the roof tops and the glide paths looks to be
> dead straight

That plane is past downtown. Look at the building shadows, many high East of
the freeway and all low, industrial to the
West. I've not flown into SD for many years. As I recall, the glide path is not
terribly crooked, but does do a slight
swerve around buildings that rise above it.

Take-offs also go over lots of populated area, but all low rise.

Moose

>   ............ the overland one into Kai Tak was about as straight as a dog's
> back leg !
>
> Is there any history of planes running out of fuel during the final glide
> path at San Diego ?

Don't live there, know, or care. :-)

> One time at Kai Tak during our time there an inbound Garuda Indonesia flight
> coasted to a stop on the runway flat out of fuel ..... not enough to taxi
> back to the gates. Didn't make me feel any too happy since I had previously
> flown Garuda on their internal domestic routes !

That's scary!

Moose