Re: [OM] Dark side - getting darker

Subject: Re: [OM] Dark side - getting darker
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:54:54 -0400
Tamron and Sigma both make good non-IS 70-200/2.8s at much less than the
Canon version.  The Sigma is a bit more expensive than the Tamron since
it has Sigma's version of Canon's ultrasonic focusing motor.  The Tokina
80-200/2.8 goes back to the film era and has long been discontinued.
Focus is a bit slow in comparison to modern lenses with ultrasonic
focusing motors but it's a fine lens with excellent build quality.  You
can probably get a used one for about $350 or so... if you can find one.
  I do like the lens but it's just so large and heavy that one is not
encouraged to even carry it around let alone mounted on the camera.

Chuck Norcutt