Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 17:36:11 +0800
Ohm's law does not apply here, all 3.5" HD power supply are switching power
supply, no matter you connect the load or not there is power consumption but
it is very small (~1W perherps, depends on the design). At the mean time
most 3.5" HD with USB interface will turn off when USB is unplugged but
there is still a small trace of current running to support the interface
circuit, again it is very small.

C.H.Ling