Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 20:55:41 -0700
  On 7/3/2010 7:54 PM, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> I'm looking for someone to tell me: "go, unplug it 'cause that cheapo
> wall wart will melt before the HD".
>
> But now I've just touched it and found it's cold despite I've never unpluged
> the DC end from the HD.
> Maybe the circuit remains open until the USB gets pluged.

I think you are just borrowing trouble, Fernando. Don't you have other things
to worry about - or even more enjoyable
things to do than worry? :-)

I don't know what rules are in Uruguay, but I would guess that manufacturers
that sell in world markets wouldn't bother
sending anything but their UL, CSA, EU approved units. If the unit has any of
those approvals on the case, just leave it
plugged in and don't worry about it.

If it's cold to the touch with the HD on, it's amazing and over built. Warm is
normal. With the HD off, there's no load,
so no heat.

Moose