Re: [OM] IMG: my first visit to Scotland

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: my first visit to Scotland
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 10:38:58 +0100
Thanks, Dave.

I haven't seen the building(s) myself, but the photos on the Web cause me some
concern.  I think that we will have the equivalent of a pile of excrement in
Edinburgh in about 20 years.  It looks interesting now, but not timeless.  The
patches on the walls look very cheap, although I don't know their intended
meaning (which might make it easier to view).

I think that I am right in thinking that that is the project that overran both
budget and schedule by a sizeable amount.  If it had something of the
timelessness of the Guggenheim museum or some of Gaudi's efforts, some of which
are lived in now and continue to attract favourable attention.  But I am afraid
that someone might have dropped a bollock with this one.

Chris