Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:36:57 -0400
Our black flies, which I believe are the same if not close cousins to
those Ken talked about on the Upper Peninsula, are nasty little beasts
that have what amounts to a scalpel for a snout. They produce a little
anesthesia and then slice in. I've had black fly bites actually bleed.
The first couple of the season cause me to feel a little off, but then
I get used to them.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com