Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:05:38 -0400
  That's pretty interesting. People in these parts have been using Avon
Skin-So-Soft for decades as a Gnat repellent. I remember reading that it
wasn't the smell but the thin layer of oil on the skin that foils them.
Gnats are very small and have near-microscopic mouth parts that are too
short to reach through the oil layer. That wouldn't apply to the midge
however since the gnat makes the average midge look like an elephant.

Charlie