Re: [OM] Sony NEX-5 Hands On

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony NEX-5 Hands On
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:23:39 +1000
Yes, that's about it. Got an NEX5 in my hand now with the 16mm -
managed to borrow a pre-production unit for the weekend on the proviso
that I didn't use it to assess image quality. . They did have a couple
of production copies but they were committed.
It is VERY much a compact P&S with on-screen guides (which intrude)
and very few buttons. Two of the buttons are unlabelled - their
function changes and the label is on the screen next to them, like an
ATM. The 16mm seems larger than it needs to be, especially as it has
no stabiliser.
The thing that best exemplifies the comment below is the 'background
defocus' control (one dial, matching curved scale on screen). No
mention of aperture - just rack the background into blur. Oh, and I
CANNOT find the 'format' command anywhere!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx