Re: [OM] Happy Ending [was Re: Darkside anyone?]

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy Ending [was Re: Darkside anyone?]
From: Tom Fenwick <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 05:47:28 +0100
Really it is particularly good for me because I can sell him the 24-105 that
I use about once a year but never dared sell because on the rare occasions I
cover events it's really the thing to have.  This way I can borrow it back
any time and put the money into something I'll use every day.

And I agree about the dust spots.  I should have scanned a few negatives to
put up beside them!

I hadn't thought of trying to sell it to Dad, although he was a Canon user
for a while when he lost faith with the OM system (bad experience with a
failed repair to a meter on his OM2N - he moved on but I kept all his OM
stuff and it's working just fine these days).  He was given a Canon G6 when
he retired, and for a long time refused to use anything else because he
found the flip-out screen a must have feature.

I gave him an E-620 for his 70th birthday and he's been so impressed that
the G6 is being retired; he feels the 620 is not significantly bigger, while
it's reignited his interest in real photography and he wants to try his 35mm
lenses again.

It's never too late :-)

Tom