Re: [OM] Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience out there?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience out there?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:21:05 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>> It didn't say anything, how does it better? Ok, what I can think of is
>> the
>> DOF of LX-3 is much BETTER.
>>

> Sharpness was quite natural, the DoF was greater, of course, which for
> event
> shooting is not a bad thing. The lens gave good dimensionality to the
> people. Skintones and the way it reacted to mixed lighting was very good.
> The only thing that really jumped out at me as an issue was distortion.
> Straight lines don't stay very straight.
>
> I could tell a low ISO was used, though.

Ok, if you talked about tones and mixed light I can agree with you, both
Olympus and Pana handle them better than Canyon. For the distortion, ok, I
was expecting the software has corrected it but checking with some test
images, the close to edge lines bent rather obviously and the lines a little
further looks very straight. The software seems did some non linear
adjustment there.

C.H.Ling