Re: [OM] Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience out there?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience out there?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:32:25 -0500

> It didn't say anything, how does it better? Ok, what I can think of is the
> DOF of LX-3 is much BETTER.

Sharpness was quite natural, the DoF was greater, of course, which for event
shooting is not a bad thing. The lens gave good dimensionality to the
people. Skintones and the way it reacted to mixed lighting was very good.
The only thing that really jumped out at me as an issue was distortion.
Straight lines don't stay very straight.

I could tell a low ISO was used, though.

AG