Re: [OM] Olympus Viewer 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Viewer 2
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 18:16:39 +1000
Minor correction: it does not support at least a couple of older Oly
ORF formats, such as those produced by the c5050z and the c5060z.
There used to be a means of tricking Leopard into seeing them as
c7070z files, but, to quote Basil Fawlty, "that particular avenue of
pleasure has been withdrawn". I'm now wondering if there's a means of
altering the metadata of the files themselves so that they look like
the supported c7070z files.

I like my c5050z. It's slow, eats batteries, noisy, and has buttons
everywhere as if designed like a Hellraiser Lemarchand box, but It
does have compensatory qualities. I wish it was supported.

Cheers,
Marc