[OM] Weather stuff

Subject: [OM] Weather stuff
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:20:35 -0500
Well, another cell is moving in but hopefully this one isn't quite as
powerful. The pine trees around us have lost most of their needles and the
siding all the way up to the second story roof is covered with needles,
leaves, dirt, grass and whatever else got kicked up.  Based on the damage
around us, the winds most certainly exceeded 100 mph and with the sudden
directional shift, we were right at the core. The hail was about an inch in
diameter. We have significant siding damage and we lost some fencing.
Listening to the scanner, we got off very light at our place. A house about
a block away is missing most of its roof and most of the streets are
impassible with trees, limbs and power-lines down.

Our power is out and the reason is that the main lines heading towards our
city are presently laying all over the highway. We'll see how long our
deep-cycle marine battery (freshly charged last night) holds up.

Yes, we were holed up in the "safe room" of our house.

AG