[OM] Credit Card Fraud

Subject: [OM] Credit Card Fraud
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:16:04 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Just a heads-up.  I received a call this morning from the card service agency
that processes my Visa charges, asking me to review some recent charges to
establish their legitimacy.  They had noted a charge that raised a flag, but I
don't know how they detected it.

It turns out that, over the weekend, someone got my card number and made a
fraudulent charge to the account, for the amount of $385.01.  I suspect it
resulted from my use of the card with internet merchants, though I also use it
around town.

I have canceled the card and initiated actions to remove the charge from my
account.  This is my first encounter with this type of thing, though I knew
that it is not too uncommon.

Keep an eye on those accounts!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA