Re: [OM] me and my 50-200mm SWD lens

Subject: Re: [OM] me and my 50-200mm SWD lens
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 07:52:06 +0100
I too have the older 50-200, Joel.  I was lucky enough to buy it as part of a
job lot for a silly price.  In addition to my luck with the price, I believe
that I have a very good example.

I use it very rarely, and mostly for aircraft.  When I had it on my E-1 it
would have trouble focusing on an empty sky, but was quick enough on the
aircraft; so my technique had to be good.  On the E-3 it still hunts  a bit if
I find a bit of empty sky, but it's good otherwise, especially with scenery.

I haven't used it in low light, and I shall give that a go this evening, but it
is certainly a very satisfying lens to use. And the cost of a new one would be
prohibitive for me.

Chris