Re: [OM] me and my 50-200mm SWD lens

Subject: Re: [OM] me and my 50-200mm SWD lens
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:19:03 -0500
On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 2:52 PM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I returned from an Easter weekend away from home along with various shots
> taken with my E3 and 50-200mm SWD lens.
>
> WOW ......... the 50-200mm produces some clear and sharp images, even out at
> 200, and easily as good to my eyes on screen as those from a 50/2 macro or
> 12-60 zoom.
>
> Am I just preaching to the choir stall or am I the only one who has noticed
> that the 50-200 produces some might fine images ?

I only have experience with the older 50-200.

I'd like to know how your SWD 50-200 compares with my older 50-200 in
performance.  I don't long for better performance in that range, but I
don't like the focus-by-wire feel of the older model.  Coupled to the
1.4 TC it is quite good, when it is good, but it seems not always
completely trusty while focusing, even with the E-3.  Live view to the
rescue, but LV is not always convenient.

The SWD 50-200 is the only lens I find myself wondering about from
time to time to update the DZ kit.

Joel W.