[OM] Best of Both Worlds

Subject: [OM] Best of Both Worlds
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:48:42 -0400
> are designed to mitigate this issue but I don't know that it would
pass
> an AG purple  torture test  being able to render purple accurately

It's all in how the sensor "sees".  Not the processing.

Thanks for the detailed explanation of purple issues,  I recall the
shots were under overcast skies.  I will need to
wait quite awhile to perform your experiment--but I certainly will do
so.

To quote Oly-- a CNET interview with  Yoshitomo Nagashima, general
manager of the SLR Marketing department in Olympus:

"How different is the TruePic V engine from the previous processor?

The major improvement that TruePic V has over TruePic III+ is that the
new processor can remove noise more effectively. This is important
since we expect users to be shooting at high ISO sensitivities in
low-light conditions. Also, TruePic V is able to render the colour
purple more faithfully, instead of showing it as blue which some image
engines. We are very confident of TruePic V, and we think it can
deliver better-looking pictures than some of our own dSLRs."

I do not doubt your indictment of the sensor as the issue but perhaps
there is a sneaky processing work around to improve the rendition of
purple in some situations-- or at least that is the implied explanation
from Oly.

A better leave the office  soon or the wife will turn purple,
Mike