Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...

Subject: Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 16:31:24 -0600

> Yeah, well you just need another mode "hyperfocal mode", the camera can
> refocus the lens to the correct distance any time you change aperture or
> focal length.  You should be able to customise your CoC too, depending on
> how critical you are.

"Modal" cameras have been around since the late '80s. If we don't have
"hyperfocal mode" by now, I doubt we'll ever get it. However, Canon used to
have DEP mode until they took that away from us too.

Another example of how out of touch with current photographic reality I am.
I admit it--I just don't get these advancements.

Speaking of... Anybody want to bet on what control layout Olympus will
introduce next? Will they finally put the shutter-release on the left-side
of the camera because they've tried everywhere else?

AG (pithy mood) Schnozz