Re: [OM] IMG: a weekend in Bath

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: a weekend in Bath
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:26:46 -0500
<http://www.frozenlight.eu/bath2010/content/20100227__1000468_large.html>
I didn't realize William Bingham was buried in Bath Abbey.  Bingham was
a diplomat and Pennsylvania representative to the Continental Congress
before his later election to the Pennsylvania house and senate.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Bingham>
I live about 8 miles west of Binghamton, NY which is named after him.
Binghamton is at the confluence of the Chenango and Susquehanna rivers
and he (correctly) foresaw that as an important geographical advantage
for economic development.  (well, important before rail)

Confluence Park Point (at the confluence of the Chenango & Susquehanna)
<http://www.cityofbinghamton.com/library/photo-gallery/City%20Sights%201/confluence%20park%20point%20completed%201.jpg>

Chuck Norcutt