Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...

Subject: Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:15:25 -0600

> I keep a small card in my wallet with a few selected focal lengths
> computed at f/11 for use with my 5D.

I'm so thankful for the advancements in cameras and lenses. Removing the DoF
scales from the lenses was the greatest thing the manufactures did. Why have
the scales on the lenses when we can have the computations written out on a
card in our wallet?

I would put this advancement just behind the most incredible
improvement--the removal of the aperture control ring.  Why have a separate
control which the left hand can control when we can have mode buttons and
dials instead? Now our trigger finger can adjust aperture between shots.  Or
is it the thumb wheel? Or is the thumb wheel and a press of a mode button?
Do you turn it to the right or the left?  Regardless, it's still better than
those pesky dedicated aperture control rings.

Excuse me while I go replace a lens battery...

AG