Re: [OM] 21/3.5, 35/2, and Zuikoholism

Subject: Re: [OM] 21/3.5, 35/2, and Zuikoholism
From: Jim Loudon <listadr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:21:38 -0500

> In the spirit of Zuikoholism, and given that my wife and I will be traveling
> to Japan at the end of March and I have to figure out what cameras/lenses to
> take with me, here is a question for the list:
>
> What is your favorite 3 lens lineup for the OM system and why?

Assuming we're talking about a 3 lens *travel* lineup...

This is what I wrote in a 1998(!) posting to the list concerning my OM
travel kit. Keeping to the three lens limit (and let's face it, if more
gear is in the mix, it's not travelling, it's a photo shoot involving
multiple locations), I'd take the same glass today:

> 21 f/3.5 and 35 f/2.8 Zuikos and a Tamron 70-210 f/4-5.6 minizoom

The shorter lenses suit my shooting style, and the zoom is there for those
situations where the 35 isn't enough.

Truth be told, though, I don't know that I'd fly with a multiple-lens 35mm
film SLR kit today unless the plan was to take an extended (meaning longer
than two weeks) trip to a backcountry destination.

jim