Re: [OM] Famous Zuiko for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Famous Zuiko for sale
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 23:02:58 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Nathan,

> Nice portrait, but it looks over-sharpened on my monitor. There are
> what appear to be sharpening artifacts especially in the right eye.

I've noticed it depends on if you use an LCD or a CRT screen.
I can see the artifacts on my CRT but having just got back home
again and checked on my wifes Mac (LCD), I cant see the artifacts.

Personally I use a CRT because LCD screens have a limit
for contrast, color range, and I switch between different resolutions
with both a manual KVM and and VNC. There are some nice LCD
screens out there that I'd be happy with but your talking a lot of $$$'s
for the ones that I like.

One day this old Diamondview 21" CRT will die, then I'll take the plunge
to LCD. Some of my family members will then be happy with my online
photo's :-)

My wife uses a Mac with an LCD, and I dont even have to put the
monitors in the same room to see the difference, my prints look
good on my calibrated CRT but look awful on her Mac.

Cheers
Ian Manners