Re: [OM] Famous Zuiko for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Famous Zuiko for sale
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:36:43 -0600

> Problem with film though is no one is likely to see the stuff on computer
> as I'm not happy with the scans, I looked at shooting all slide film but
> that has a bigger problem quality wise with developing than neg film.
> (slide film scans in fine for me)

With the Nikon Coolscan V-ED, I'm perfectly content scanning Fujifilm 160s,
NPH or Kodak Portra 160nc or 400nc. No issues whatsoever. My only rub with
Portra is how it renders blue skies. Otherwise, the new formulation of the
Portras is as good as it gets. Fujifilm 160s is still the closest thing to
digital from the Olympus E-1 as I've found.

Scanning is now a non-issue for me. For paying work, I'm almost always
shooting Fujifilms.

Still cheeper than buying a new digittal camera.

AG