[OM] Spotted another rare CV 180 in OM mount --Big Foot's longer brother

Subject: [OM] Spotted another rare CV 180 in OM mount --Big Foot's longer brother
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:31:14 -0500
The seller is the same that went searching for me in Osaka outside of
yabe.  I had seen he had sold a couple of Bib Foots too.  Jeff K had
thought it a good idea to contact him directly and he was correct (as
usual).  Communication, price, packing were all very good.  Zeiss
optics on the cheap, perhaps. (same factory) I have not seen one of
these on yabe yet, ever in OM mount.

270522858999

About as Zuikoish as a non Zuiko could be, IMO.  49mm front element
APO, sharp as a tack wide open, very good MFD---1:4.
What's not to like?  The bokeh is very good but not as consistently
wonderful  as the CV 125 apo Lanthar macro.
OK, so it  focuses the "wrong" way.

Cameraquest has hoods NIB last I checked.

It is easy to focus on OM's and not as hard as they say on digital, IMO.

Just in case a listee is interested.

Some on alt lens section of FM say the color seemed slightly less
saturated than his 70-200 f4 L lens--so??  This guy is as large as his
hood and I can put it in my coat  pocket!

Review:

   http://tinyurl.com/ycuw3kf

Mike