[OM] Wanted: Light DZ telephoto zoom

Subject: [OM] Wanted: Light DZ telephoto zoom
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 03:15:22 +1300
Chris wrote
> I have various problems with the muscles on my back and neck, probably
> precipitated by many years of pulling G with an inappropriate posture in
> an uncomfortable seat. Add to that my habit of carrying a shoulder bag on
> one shoulder and which I think has caused supraspinatus tendonitis, and
> epicondylitis (caused by too much arm-wrestling with strong young chaps,
> and the odd pretty little girl :-)).  My wife has told me many times that
> I carry too much in my bags and I have to admit that she is probably
> right. AND Finally, Tiger Balm ("Balsem Harimau") is excellent stuff, much
> better than normal deep heat products.  I use both the white (for inflamed
> areas) and red (for tightened muscles -- very painful).  I use both Arnica
> oil and Tiger Balm and the results are good.  However, diclofenac is also
> indicated at times ...

My take on this is
(a) have you used various kinds of gym-type exercises which develop the
strength of back and limb muscles (as well abs and others (gluteus
maximus)) in a manner that is balanced for both sides of the body?
I'm thinking of rowing machine, and dumb-bell type weights which can be
used for not only biceps, but also shoulder, back, thigh, and gluteus, if you
hold the weights and bend ze knees.

Strengthening all those muscles to significant degree also makes you feel a
lot better in your body (my experience).

(b)  Be vary careful with diclofenac. I personally would probably never use it
again if I can avoid it.
Using it put me in hospital about 6 - 7 years ago with suspected heart
problems (severe pain in the lower chest area which woke me two nights is
a row). Detailed examination over the following 6 months showed my heart
to be OK.  However, without saying that diclofenac was the cause of the
pain the heart doctors advised that food should ALWAYS be taken before
diclofenac, and even then it still caused bleeding of the stomach.
AND it nearly killed a close friend of mine who was admitted to hospital with
a hole in his stomach, caused by diclofenac. He nearly bled to death.
On the other hand an old physio friend of mine ( one of those lovely ones)
says that she would never be without diclofenac for her patients. She
regards it as a kind of wonder drug for its pain relief.
So, be aware..

Brian Swale.