Re: [OM] Is Pre-Paid Kodachrome Processing Still Valid?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is Pre-Paid Kodachrome Processing Still Valid?
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:16:41 -0000
Piers Hemy wrote:
> Best I know is that the process-payment is valid whatever the "procees by"
> date might be.
>
> But movie processing, as with 120 processing, is not available at all,

Thanks Piers.  I don't have any Kodachrome movie film, but the three exposed
rolls that I have are Kodachrome 200, which (if I remember correctly) was
discontinued a year or two before the final Kodachrome 64.  I even have a
couple of rolls of unexposed Kodachrome 25, which was discontinued even
earlier!

I would surmise that Kodak have had to give wads of cash to Dwayne's Photo
Service to process the European process-paid films, so any excuse that
allows Kodak to reject films means fewer wads of cash for Dwayne's, and more
wads of cash for the shareholders.  (Cynical?  Moi?)

I will send the three exposed films for processing and see what happens.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

PS:  By the way, I am currently 2600 posts behind, so I still have Christmas
2009 to look forward to (at least, as far as this list is concerned)!