Re: [OM] Strobist: New NiZn Batteries Offer Lightning Fast Recycle

Subject: Re: [OM] Strobist: New NiZn Batteries Offer Lightning Fast Recycle
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:42:13 +0800
As far as I remember your Quantum put high voltage directly to the capacitor
of the flash, it does not go through the step up circuit of the flash so
there is much less risk of damage the flash by quick full power cycles.
(still a small risk for the cap, it could aging faster).

I damaged the step up transformer of a T32 by 54 continues full power dump
just with the old 600mA Ni-cd.

C.H.Ling