[OM] Images: Do these look right to you?

Subject: [OM] Images: Do these look right to you?
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 21:49:57 -0600
I have thrown together a little gallery of photos from last fall,
mainly of seasonal colors.  I hope there is some reward in having a
look, because I need a little reality check.

These photos were all shot with E-410 and one or the other of the two
kit lenses.  The raw files were processed in Studio 2, almost all with
these settings

Picture = Natural
Saturation = 0
Contrast = -1
Sharpness = 0
WB = 5300

In Photoshop, sometimes but not always I have applied LCE and two
light passes of sharpening (.3 and .5 radii).  Usually attention has
been paid to Levels, more rarely a curve adjustment or
Highlight/Shadow (mainly to bring up shadows as the exposures were
shot for highlights).  Resize and convert profile to sRGB in PS, save
for the web.  Images are 800 pixels on the long side.

With my new Samsung 2350 monitor the images look fully saturated but
not over-saturated.  On the other monitors in my house, the color in
the images looks much thinner -- not terrible but not as exciting as
the Samsung.

The Samsung has been calibrated using a spectrometer and Colorvision
software.  It gets through this test quite well:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

I'd like to say I have arrived at my new standard, but some
corroboration would be really helpful and much appreciated.  Here's
the gallery:

http://jfwilcox.jalbum.net/Fall2009/index.html

Thanks in advance.

Joel W.